Use Närtrafik to handle errands or discover new destinations in the county.
You can travel with Local Service (Närtrafik) if:
- You are more than 1km away from the nearest bus stop.
- Your nearest stop has fewer than 10 departures per day in each direction.
- Your nearest Local Service stop within your own municipality, if your geographically nearest stop is in another municipality.
Please note that you will have to make your own way to the Local Service stop closest to your destination. This means that you cannot travel from optional Local Service stop.
You have to pre-book your trip.
You can travel with Local Service:
- Daytime: Monday-Friday 09.30 AM to 02.30 PM.
- Evening time: Monday-Thursday 05.30 PM to 09.00 PM.
- Saturday-sunday: 10.00 PM to 16.00 PM.
Stops and destinations
We have compiled a list of stops for Local Service (Närtrafik) here on our website. You can also find the stops on our map.
There are several destinations in our county that you can travel to and from with Local Service (Närtrafik. Vi have compiled a list of those destinations.
Find your nearest or other Local Service Stop
Most of the Local Service stops are close to grocery stores, pharmacies and other services. At the Local Service stop, it is also possible to travel further in the county by bus or train.
We have an interactive map that you can access via Plan your trip. Click on the I (information symbol) at the top of the menu and then select the box for Local Service (Närtrafik), and all about 50 Local Service stops will be displayed. These have their own symbol. The color is pink and N is the letter for Local Service.
Book your trip with Local Service
The trip can be booked no earlier than 14 days before departure. Booking is made by phone to our Order Centre. It is only possible to make a booking on weekdays between 08.00 AM and 04.30 PM.
When booking, you need to give us the following information:
- social security number
- telephone number
- planned payment method for the trip
- number of travellers
- if you have a pram, any aids or luggage
If you announce that you will travel on with a connecting bus / train when booking, we will make sure to plan the trip so that you arrive at the Local Service Stop in good time to have time to change to a bus or train.
Tickets when traveling with Local Service
When you book your trip, you specify the type of ticket you want to use. The following applies:
- You can travel with our Season tickets based on the tickets validity conditions
- School cards are valid for travel
- You can buy a single ticket for Local Service via our app
- You can buy a single ticket for Local Service in the vehicle with a debit card
- Patient travel (Sjukresa) is free of charge when presenting a Care Ticket in our app, paper summons or visitor's receipt.
Prices for Single Tickets with Närtrafik 2023
Young Person 7-19år**
0 SEK* 23 SEK 47 SEK 38 SEK
* Up to two children under the age of 7 travel free of charge with a paying traveller.
** The minimum age limit for travel without a guardian / adult is 12 years.
Days when we do not operate Närtrafik
There are public holidays when we do not operate Närtrafik. Those days are:
- Good Friday
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday
- Ascension Day
- May 1st
- National Day
- Midsummer Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
- Twelfth Night (Epiphany)
Carpooling with others
Travelling with Local Service can mean carpooling with other travelers, just like when you travel by bus and train. Due to this, the vehicle may stop at several stops on the road.
We can not guarantee carpooling if you are more than 4 people traveling.
Pets or guide dog
No pets are allowed when travelling with Närtrafik. However, you are allowed to bring a guide dog or assistance dog when traveling with Närtrafiken.
Booking and vehicle pickup
You book your trip by calling the Booking Center.
The service travel vehicle that arrives is the vehicle that is currently available. This means that it can be either a passenger car or a smaller bus that picks you up.
Contact information for the Order Center
Phone: 0771 - 92 00 00
Visiting address: Eklundavägen 1, Örebro
Mailing address: Serviceresor, Region Örebro län, Box 1613, 701 16 Örebro
After travelling with Närtrafik, you may be contacted after a while by a company called Ipsos. As part of our improvement efforts, they are conducting a survey to assess your experience during the journey.