Go to content
The field can't be empty
Others have also searched for

You who have received a certificate for Patient Travel with a service travel vehicle can instead travel with your own car. You will receive compensation afterwards if you travel to or from:

  • a health center in your home municipality
  • public dental care in your home municipality
  • a specialist in the county.

If you have received a referral to care outside Örebro County, special rules apply. Contact the Patient transport unit for more information.

Price and mileage allowance

You will receive compensation of SEK 18.50 per mile, minus SEK 70 in own charge per one-way trip. It is Region Örebro County that pays the compensation to you. You apply for compensation via 1177.se.

You can find the form for the application for compensation for medical travel with your own car here at 1177.

High-cost protection

There is a high-cost cover for Patient Transport. This means that you do not have to pay more than SEK 1,750 during a 12-month period. It applies to the calendar month from the first trip. When you have reached the sum for the high-cost cover, the sick trips will be free until the start month of the next year.

If you have a permit for Patient Transport and have traveled with your own car to care, you need to contact the Patient Transport Unit. Trips with your own car are not automatically registered.

Contact information for Patient transport

Phone: 020 - 31 43 22

Email: sjukreseenheten@regionorebrolan.se

Opening hours: Weekdays between 08.30 am and 12.00 am, excluding public holidays.

Visiting address: Eklundavägen 1, Örebro

Mailing address: Sjukreseenheten, Region Örebro län, Box 1613, 701 16 Örebro