Go to content
The field can't be empty
Others have also searched for

The easiest way to apply for a Travel Guarantee is to submit your compensation claims directly here on the web.

Apply for Travel Guarantee.

In order for you to receive compensation, the delay or the canceled departure must be due to us, our traffic or deficiencies in our information that make you late to your destination. This is according to the Public Transport Passengers' Rights Act (2015: 953).

Regulations regarding the Travel Guarantee
  • Apply for Travel Guarantee

    The easiest way to apply for compensation is directly here on the website. Please note that the form is in Swedish, but you can still apply in English. You can also obtain an application form from our Customer Service. If you wish, you can also contact the Customer Service for assistance with applying.

    Please apply for your compensation as soon as possible after the event in question. This will enable us to handle your case efficient. Your application must be submitted no later than 2 months after the event.

  • Amount of compensation

    Our minimum compensation amount is SEK 50, which means that you always get at least SEK 50. This also applies if the estimated compensation is less than SEK 50.

    The rights of public transport passengers are found in Public Transport Passengers' Rights Act (2015:953), We have chosen to reimburse with more than what is required by law.

    Reimbursement for travel with a single ticket

    We will reimburse you for the entire single ticket price when you risk being more than 20 minutes late.

    Reimbursement for travel with a season ticket

    If you traveled with a season ticket, we calculate the value of the trip depending on what validity you have on the ticket and if you traveled by train or bus:

    • Validity 24h: Ticket price divided by 2 plus SEK 50.
    • Validity Flex 10/40: Ticket price divided by 20 plus SEK 50.
    • Validity 30 days Off-peak: Ticket price divided into 36 for bus and 22 for train plus SEK 50.
    • Validity 30 days: Ticket price divided into 36 for bus and 22 for train plus SEK 50.

    Reimbursement for travel without a ticket

    If you have planned to travel, but have not had time to buy a ticket and the bus or train has been delayed by at least 20 minutes or canceled, we will reimburse you with SEK 50.

    Reimbursement for travel by taxi or own car

    If you have chosen to take a taxi, we will reimburse you up to a maximum of SEK 1,433.

    If you have chosen to complete the trip with your own car, we will reimburse you according to the Swedish Tax Agency's norm for tax-free mileage compensation, however, a maximum of SEK 1,433.

  • Taxi, own car or other transport

    If you risk arriving more than 20 minutes late at your destination, you can choose to travel by taxi or your own car. You order the taxi yourself and send the original taxi receipt to us, marked with the six-digit case number you receive when you submit your application.

    You also receive compensation for reasonable costs for travel with other transport.

  • Payment to bank account or Travel Credit

    Compensation can be paid in the form of Travel Credit which you can then use as part payment for a season ticket. 

    It is also possible to have the compensation paid into your bank account. You can choose this option when you apply for compensation. If no payment option is chosen in your application, we pay the compensation as Travel Credit.

    We use SUS (Swedbank's payment system) for payments to Swedish bank accounts and on payment notices. Your social security number is used to collect information about the account or payment address. You who request cash compensation from us need to join Swedbank's account register in order to quickly and smoothly get the money paid directly to a bank account. If you are not connected to the register, a payment notice will be sent to your population registration address, which may incur an additional cost.

  • Compensation for travelling with train

    You who travel with one of our tickets on a train, where the ticket is valid, can apply for compensation through us. The compensation paid may differ from if you had applied for travel by bus on the same route.

  • Delay with a Service Travel

    If you have been delayed when you traveled with Service Travel (Serviceresa), you can contact the Order Center for more information. Contact information for the Ordering Center can be found here.

  • Compensation for travelling with Movingo, Resplus and SJ

    If you travel on our buses with a ticket that you bought from another operator, different rules apply.


    You who travel with a ticket from Movingo apply for compensation from us if:

    • You travel with our buses
    • You travel by train in Bergslagen within Örebro county
    • You start your journey in Östergötland and travel into Örebro County


    If the train you are travelling on is delayed, your Resplus ticket is valid for the next departing bus trip in connection with the train. It only applies to the route shown on the ticket.

    If our bus is delayed and you miss your connecting train, you must buy a new train ticket. You can then apply for our delay compensation.

    SJ Årskort and Rekrytkort

    If you travelled with an SJ Årskort with the addition of Resplus or the SJ Rekrytkort on our buses and were delayed, you can apply for compensation.

  • Replacement bus for canceled train departures

    If a train departure is canceled, the various train operator can insert replacement buses. We run regular buses with route numbers and not the replacement buses for canceled train departures.

    More about replacement buses for canceled train departures can be found on the train operator's websites.

  • Travelling with a Company Card

    If you have been delayed more than 20 minutes when travelling with a Company card, we will pay the company compensation. The level of the allowance is calculated in the same way as if you travelled with a Travel Credit (reskassa) privately. Please indicate on the application "Other" ticket and write Company card (Företagskort) as a comment.  

  • From healthcare, Transportation Service card or Accompany Card

    If you have been delayed more than 20 minutes when travelling to/from healthcare, you can make a complaint and get compensated.

    You can complain about your trip if you travelled with other transport such as your own car or taxi. A complaint must be made within 3 months from the time of the incident and via the delay compensation form here on the web or via a form. Enter "Other travel document" as the ticket type.

    If you have travelled with a Transportation Service card (Färdtjänstbevis) and have been delayed by more than 20 minutes, we will compensate you thorough our Travel Guarantee. The compensation is calculated on the basis of the same principle as if you were traveling with Travel Credit.

    We do not pay reimbursement for travel with the Accompany Card (Ledsagarkort).

  • Travel Guarantee does not apply

    Our Travel Guarantee does not cover delays due to services which we have announced online, at major bus stops or via the app at least four days before your journey commenced.

    We do not give a discount on the ticket price if the delay was caused by circumstances that we could not avoid. This is in accordance with Section 15a of the Public Transport Passenger Rights Act (2015:953).

    No compensation is paid for loss of income or other losses such as broken connections for journeys outside of Movingo’s and TiB’s traffic system, tickets for events or package holidays. Nor does our Travel Guarantee apply when using loyalty cards such as School Cards or a Accompany Card.

  • Appealing a compensation decision

    If you wish to appeal against a decision regarding compensation for a delayed journey, please do so in writing. You can send your appeal to us by email or post. If you do not have the opportunity to submit this in writing, please contact our Customer Service for further assistance. You can find the contact informationen to our Customer Service here.