You can bring your wheelchair, walking frame or pram/buggy on board our buses free of charge. They share the same area in the bus and can be brought on board subject to space being available.
No category takes precedence over another, and the bus driver decides how many prams/buggies and walking frames can be taken on board without putting safety at risk.
Prams/buggies, wheelchairs and walking frames may not be placed in a way that they obstruct other passengers or block emergency exits.
Anyone travelling with a pram/buggy or walking frame is responsible for the pram or walking frame and its safety. Prams/buggies and walking frames must have their brakes applied during the journey. When securing devices are available for prams/buggies and walking frames, they must be used. Do not leave your child in the pram/buggy during the journey.
Seat belts for all seats
By law, all bus passengers over the age of 3 must wear a seat belt if one is available. Our regional and express buses are fitted with three-point seat belts which are easy and convenient to use. City buses are not fitted with seat belts.
The buses in the north, south and west of the county also have loose booster cushions for children to help the seat belt fit correctly.
Fixed child safety seats increase safety for young children on buses
We have fitted most of our regional and express buses with special rear-facing child safety seats, similar to those used in cars. Please note that there may be exceptions, as sometimes it is necessary to use different buses on certain routes.
The child safety seats are suitable for children up to 18 kg and have five-point belts for extra safety. The seats are integrated into the back of the back supports on regular seats, and they are very easy to use – the back support folds forward to ensure that the child safety seat is at the correct angle. This position means you can maintain eye contact with your child during the journey.
Each bus has two integrated child safety seats that are clearly indicated in a contrasting colour. The colour may vary depending on the bus model.
We do not have child safety seats on the following routes or service:
- Shuttle traffic (Arbetsskyttel) in Karlskoga
- City buses in Karlskoga and Örebro
- Flextraffic in Karlskoga and Örebro
- Local Services (Närtrafik) in Askersund, Nora and Laxå.
- Route 308 Lindesberg - Kopparberg
- Route 309 Storå - Öskevik
- Route 315 Rockhammar - Frövi
- Route 316 Norrby - Fellingsbro
- Route 317 Fellingsbro - Tåje
- Route 318 Frövi - Fellingsbro
- Route 324 Örebro - Fellingsbro
- Route 350 Lindesberg - Finnåker
- Route 351 Lindesberg - Arboga
- Route 352 Lindesberg - Finnåker
- Route 353 Lindesberg - Gusselby
- Route 354 Lindesberg - Hägernäs
- Route 361 Kopparberg - Grängesberg
- Route 362 Kopparberg - Grängesberg
- Route 380 Lindesberg lasarett - Östermalm
- Route 593 Karlskoga - Laxå
- Route 742 Täby K:a - Kumla
- Route 755 Hallsberg - Zinkgruvan
- Route 780 Kumla RC - Kumlaby Vårdcentral