Go to content
The field can't be empty
Others have also searched for

Pupils enrolled in full-time upper secondary education in Örebro County the (academic year 2022/2023) are eligible for a School Card Senior (Gymnasiekort).

Whether you are eligible for School Card Senior (Gymnasiekort) or not, depends on where in the county you live and how far you have to school. If you live in Örebro municipality and have more than 6 km to the school, you can apply for a School Card Senior at Örebro municipality. If you have less than 6 km to the school you are not entitled to a high school card.

If you live in another municipality in the county, other than Örebro municipality, you are entitled to a School Card Senior no matter how far you have to school and you do not need to apply for the card, with the exception of Karlskoga municipality. As of the academic-year 2022/2023 students that are living in Karlskoga municipality also need to apply for a School Card Senior. 

The School Card Senior (Gymnasiekort) can be used for the pupil's entire upper secondary education, up to and including the first half of the calendar year the pupil turns 20. The School Card Senior is loaded with a ticket for the whole academic year and is therefore valuable.  

Validity: Monday-Friday, excluding public holidays, 4:30am until 7pm. The last train or bus change must be no later than 7pm. Covers a whole academic year: 15 August 2022 – 16 June 2023.

Area: All regional and city buses within Örebro County. For travel by train, excluding SJ Snabbtåg, within Örebro County. For travel by bus and train across the county border to:

  • Arboga on route 351
  • Grängesberg with Tåg i Bergslagen
  • Götlunda on route 321
  • Kristinehamn on route 500 and Tåg i Bergslagen (not SJ)
  • Ludvika with Tåg i Bergslagen
  • Filipstad on routes 400 and 407
  • Skinnskatteberg with Tåg i Bergslagen
  • Storfors on route 403

Price: It is the municipality that pays for the pupil's School card Senior. If the pupil discontinues their studies, the card must be returned to the school immediately.

The ticket on the School Card Senior is only valid:

  • for the pupil the School Card Senior was issued to
  • with properly entered in information on the back
    • the name of the pupil's school 
    • the pupil's first and last name
    • the pupil's date of birth (YY-MM-DD)

If the School Card Senior (Gymnasiekort) is not filled in correctly it can be withdrawn and you, or your child, may be charged an additional fee. Read more about ticket inspections here.

Register you trip

For the ticket to be valid for travel, the card must be placed on the ticket reader on the bus on each journey. When the smiley face symbol appears in the display and it turns up green, the journey has been registered and you are free to board. On buses without ticket readers, the card must be shown to the bus driver.

When travelling by train, the journey must be registered in one of the yellow validator on the platform before travelling.

Information about School Card Senior (Gymnasiekort)
  • Lost or defective School Card Senior

    If you have lost your School Card Senior (Gymnasiekort) or it has been stolen, contact the school office. You will have to pay for travel to and from school yourself until a new School Card Senior can be arranged. The same applies if you leave your School Card Senior at home in the morning or at school. 

    You can get a new School Card Senior on payment of a service charge which varies from school to school. The old School Card Senior will be blocked and it can no longer be used. 

    If the card is defective or damaged in some other way and cannot be used, it should be replaced immediately. Contact your school office for a replacement. Until a new School Card Senior has been arranged, you pay for your travel yourself. 

  • For a new academic year

    Are you about to start at upper secondary school, or change to a new upper secondary school in the next academic year? If so you will receive a School Card Senior (Gymnasiekort) during your first few days at the school. Until you receive your School Card Senior, you can travel using the temporary travel pass sent to you with your admission notification. Remember that you must print out the temporary travel pass for it to be valid for travel.

    If you are returning to the same upper secondary school in the next academic year, you should keep your School Card Senior over the summer. When school begins in the autumn, you will receive a new School Card Senior. You continue to use the old card until you get a new one.

    If you lose your School Card Senior during the summer, you can pick up a new card from the school office. You will need to pay a service charge when you collect the new School Card Senior and you will also have to pay for your journeys until you receive your new card.

  • Confiscated School Card Senior

    If you have not signed your School Card Senior properly, your School Card Senior may be confiscated. This means you will have to collect it from Länstrafiken Customer Service at Resecentrum in Örebro. Bring the receipt issued by the ticket inspector along with valid photo ID. If a School Card Senior is misused it will not be returned.

    You may have to wait one working day before your School Card Senior is available for collection from our Customer Center, and we will not reimburse any expenses resulting from confiscation.