Pupils who attend primary or lower secondary school or primary or lower secondary school for pupils with special needs, years F-9, and have been granted free travel to and from school based on the municipality’s rules on school transport, are eligible for the School Card Junior (Grundskolekort). The card is loaded with a School Junior ticket for the whole academic year and is a document of value. If the pupil stops his/her studies, the card must be returned to the school immediately.
The School Card Junior is valid:
- only for the pupil the card was issued to
- for travelling to and from school by bus
- Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays) 04:30-18:00
- for a whole academic year: 15 August 2018 – 14 June 2019
- with properly filled in information on the backside
- the school that the student attends
- student's first and last name
- student's date of birth (YY-MM-DD)
The School Card Junior is not valid:
- on trains
- during school holidays and on public holidays
The images shows the front and the back of the School Card Junior.
Who pays for the School Card Junior?
The municipality where the pupil with the School Card Junior is registered pays for the School Card Junior.
Registering your journey on the School Card Junior
For the ticket to be valid for travel, on each journey the card must be held against the ticket reader on the bus. When the smiley face symbol appears in the display and it lights up green, your journey has been registered and you are free to board. On buses without ticket readers, the School Card Junior must be shown to the bus driver.